Talmage has built an exceptional reputation for his work defending clients against all matters of criminal charges. Talmage’s criminal defense work includes complex white-collar cases including fraud cases (Medicare and Medicaid fraud, government program fraud, mail fraud, business fraud, mortgage fraud, etc.), public corruption and violations of the public trust by elected officials, tax evasion charges, and money laundering cases, among others.
Talmage’s extensive criminal defense experience also includes defending clients in drug cases (possession, conspiracy, transportation, manufacturing, sales), cases alleging crimes against persons (murder, assault, sex crimes), property crimes, internet crimes, alcohol-related crimes (DWI, M.I.P., etc.), traffic matters, criminal appeals, post-conviction relief, clemency issues, and many other areas of the criminal code.
In addition, his years of experience allow him to quickly evaluate and appreciate the unique nature and scope of each case and develop the most aggressive strategy for attacking the government’s case. A lifelong St. Louisan, he has significant experience with area courts, prosecutors, and judges, which helps him represent clients more effectively.
Talmage is always mindful of his client’s desire for discretion and is talented at minimizing the reputational impact negative media coverage can have on clients in these matters. In the event a case generates media interest, Talmage is experienced and polished in his dealings with members of digital and print media, carefully crafting his messaging at every turn.
In addition to his robust criminal practice, Talmage also has an active civil law practice. Talmage frequently represents clients in cases involving excessive force by the police, personal injury matters, and complex personal and business disputes. Talmage also has experience in employment matters and helps clients with disputes involving their current and former employers.
- EUniversity of Missouri, Columbia-School of Law (J.D., honors)
- EUniversity of Evansville (B.A., Political Science)
- EMissouri Bar
- EIllinois Bar
- EU.S. District Courts – Missouri (Eastern and Western); Illinois (Southern)
- EU.S. Court of Appeals (7th and 8th Circuits)
- EU.S. Supreme Court
- ENational Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- EMissouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Board Member & Amicus Curiae Appellate Counsel)
- EFederal Criminal Justice Act (Lead Panel Attorney)
- EBar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- ESupreme Court of Missouri – Judicial Extern (2003-2004 for Hon. Ronnie L. White)
- ESuper Lawyer® in Missouri and Kansas (2021 - Present)
- ERising Star in Missouri and Kansas (2014 - 2021)
- EMissouri Lawyers Weekly Up & Coming Attorney
- EThe 2012 Robert Duncan Award for Appellate Advocacy – Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- ERoscoe Anderson Award for Excellence in Advocacy