Steven S. Hoffmann
Steven Hoffmann is an associate attorney with Newton Barth, where he handles a wide range of criminal and civil matters.
As a criminal defense attorney, Steven represents clients in matters before both state and federal courts in Missouri, and before federal courts in Illinois. Steven has successfully worked on a broad range of criminal cases involving violations of firearms laws, drug charges, armed criminal action, robbery, and numerous other criminal violations, handling all phases of criminal defense representation. Steven also has significant experience in civil litigation, including civil rights, employment discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and wrongful termination.
A graduate of the Saint Louis University School of Law, Steven worked in the university’s criminal defense clinic, gaining valuable experience working directly with clients. He also clerked with the American Civil Liberties Union, where he worked on several matters involving important civil rights. Finally, Steven was a research and writing law clerk at the Federal Public Defender for the Eastern District of Missouri during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, drafting many petitions for post-conviction relief.
- ESaint Louis University School of Law, J.D.
- EWashington University in St. Louis, B.A., English Literature
- EMissouri Bar
- EU.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- EU.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- EU.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- EU.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- EApplication for Illinois Bar Licensure in process