Talmage Newton is a founding partner at Newton Barth and a trial attorney who represents clients in a variety of criminal and civil matters in federal and state courts.
His criminal defense experience includes, but is not limited to: drug crimes (possession, conspiracy, transportation, manufacturing, sales), crimes against persons (murder, assault, sex crimes), property crimes, internet crimes, public trust cases, fraud cases (mail fraud, business fraud, mortgage fraud, etc.), tax evasion, money laundering, alcohol related crimes (D.W.I., M.I.P., etc.), traffic matters, criminal appeals, post-conviction relief, clemency issues, plus many other areas of the criminal code.
In addition to his criminal practice, Talmage also represents clients in civil and civil rights matters. He fights tirelessly to defend the accused, knows the laws inside and out, and helps his clients to use the law to their advantage, and helps serve justice when it’s been violated.
- University of Missouri, Columbia School of Law (J.D., honors)
- University of Evansville (B.A., Political Science)
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
- U.S. District Courts – Missouri (Eastern and Western); Illinois (Southern); Arkansas (Eastern & Western)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (7th and 8th Circuits)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Board Member & Amicus Curiae Appellate Counsel)
- Federal Criminal Justice Act (Lead Panel Attorney)
- Missouri State Public Defender’s Office (Special Counsel)
- The 2012 Robert Duncan Award for Appellate Advocacy – Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Up & Coming Attorney
- Roscoe Anderson Award for Excellence in Advocacy
- Order of the Barristers
- Selected as a Rising Star in Missouri and Kansas by Super Lawyers, 2014-2018
Talmage may be reached via email at Talmage@NewtonBarth.com.